23 April 2014: dvisvgm 1.6 has been released
This is a small feature release coming with the following additions/changes:
--zoomhas been added to “visually” scale the generated SVG graphics while preserving the original size and position values of the graphic objects.
--linkmarkhas been extended to allow to select the box/line color highlighting the linked areas.
- The default value of option
--linkmarkhas been changed from
- Hyperlink markers (boxes and lines) are only split on line breaks while kept together in all other cases.
- dvisvgm now looks for libgs.so.X rather than just libgs.so if the Ghostscript library is not directly linked to the binary. Supported ABI versions are X = 7, 8, and 9.
- dvisvgm no longer adds a time stamp and machine triplet to the generated SVG files.
11 April 2014: dvisvgm 1.5.3 has been released
This is a small bugfix release.
- A positioning bug that led to displaced DVI rules/rectangles has been fixed.
- The positioning of PostScript graphics has been improved.
10 January 2014: dvisvgm 1.5.2 has been released
- A bug has been fixed that could lead to wrong text colors.
- Several code improvements have been applied.
29 October 2013: dvisvgm 1.5.1 has been released
- The processing of bounding box data created by the preview package has been corrected.
- The processing of font definitions across page borders has been fixed.
- Compilation issues have been fixed that occurred if processing of PS specials was disabled.
- Some minor code improvements.
2 September 2013: dvisvgm 1.5 has been released
This is another feature update bringing these additions:
- Basic support for vertically oriented text.
- Support for DVI format 3 as created by pTEX in vertical/tate mode.
- Support for DVI format 5 (XDV) as created by XeTeX with option
- The numeric entity references in the generated SVG files have been replaced by corresponding UTF-8 characters.
- In the stylesheet section,
font-sizeattribute values get an explicit
pxunit to ensure proper glyph scaling, e.g. in Opera and Safari.
2 August 2013: dvisvgm 1.4 has been released
This is a feature release with the following additions:
- Basic support for CMap files and CID-keyed fonts has been added. This enables the processing
of DVI files created with pTeX, for example.
- dvisvgm also tries to translate character codes according to the available encoding tables stored in the referenced TrueType/OpenType font file.
- Support for OpenType (OTF) fonts has been added.
- If a DVI file contains bounding box information created by the
preview package, the size of the
SVG is adapted accordingly. Also, dvisvgm prints a message showing the assigned width, height,
and depth values in TEX point units. Especially, the depth value can be used to vertically align
the SVG graphics with the baseline of surrounding text in HTML or XSL-FO documents, for example.
$ dvisvgm test processing page 1  applying bounding box set by preview package (version 11.87) width=88.9844pt, height=7.45308pt, depth=3.95029pt page size: 88.9844pt x 11.4034pt (31.2744mm x 4.00782mm) page written to test.svg 1 of 1 page converted in 0.421647 seconds
- The command-line option
--linkmarkhas been extended to mark hyperlinked areas with an arbitrary background color.
- The processing of PostScript header specials has been improved.
- PostScript operator show creates much better results now.
- The DOCTYPE declaration has been removed from the generated SVG files as the W3C recommends to omit it.
- The encoding of the generated SVG files has been changed to UTF-8.