This is another small maintenance release with the following changes:
This maintenance release fixes an issue introduced with Ghostscript 9.27.
The removal of the PostScript dictionaries
the public interface leads to an error message when processing PDF files with
The main new feature of this release is command-line option
allows for optimization of the generated SVG tree after it has completely been built from the DVI data.
The optimizations are performed by running separate optimizer modules which are executed one by one in
a given order and thus transform the XML tree gradually. Currently, the following optimizations are available:
- Move common inheritable attributes of adjacent elements to group elements.
- Combine nested groups and unwrap groups without attributes.
- Remove redundant
More detailed information on option
--optimize and the optimizer modules can be found on the manual page.
Furthermore, a couple of smaller additions and changes have been made:
rawspecials are now parsed and converted to proper XML nodes so that the optimizer can also process SVG fragments added by the user.
- Several improvements to SVG graphics path descriptions:
- Added support for PostScript operators
- Added evaluation of optional
clipwhich clips the drawing region to the bounding box of the image being processed.
- Added the
dvisvgm:bbox unlockto disable and enable updating of the bounding box. By default, dvisvgm adapts the bounding box of the current page if a new graphics element is added. This behaviour can be paused and resumed with the new specials.
- Added optional modifier
bboxspecials to allow for applying the current transformation matrix to the bounding box.
- Added macro
rawspecials. It expands to the current transformation matrix, e.g.
matrix(0 -1 1 0 -214.88 106).
--exacthas been renamed to
--exact-bbox. This change is backward compatible due to dvisvgm’s partial matching of option names.
- The bundled xxHash library was updated to version 0.7.0.
- Lots of code refactorings.
This is mainly a bugfix release with the following changes:
- dvisvgm now creates short, three-digit RGB hex values for color attributes if possible, e.g.
- Fixed the rejection of paper formats, like
A4, given as argument to option
- Fixed the adaption of the vertical orientation when processing EPS/PDF files.
- Fixed the handling of backslashes in EPS/PDF file paths (Windows only).
- Updated the bundled Google Test library to version 1.8.1.
- Some code refactorings and improvements of the build system.
This maintenance release resolves a couple of PostScript issues that were reported recently.
- Fixed the scaling of line properties in PS operator
- Fixed the handling of PS operators
showwhich may call each other internally.
- Improved the processing of PS operator
- Prevent visible side-effects of PS operator
- Updated the bundled brotli library to version 1.0.7.
- Some modifications of the build system to simplify the maintenance of dvisvgm in TeX Live.
This is a maintenance release that fixes a couple of issues regarding the build system. The functionality of the dvisvgm utility itself hasn’t changed.
- Added configuration option
--disable-manpageto prevent generating the manual page (issue #93).
- If configuration option
--disable-bundled-libsis given and some of the required system libraries are missing during build time, the corresponding bundled libraries are used as a fallback (issue #94).
- Updated the bundled brotli library to version 1.0.6.
- Fixed a build issue occurred with GCC 4.8.