- Added SVG optimizer module
reassign-clippathsthat searches for duplicate
clipPathelements, removes them, and updates the
- Replaced the method used to clip embedded EPS/PDF graphics that now usually results in faster rendering of the affected SVG sections.
- Fixed a regression regarding transformations of embedded EPS/PDF graphics.
This small release improves the clipping of embedded EPS/PDF graphics (issue #176).
- Added the functionality to sequentially convert multiple EPS files given on the command-line.
- Added variables
--outputthat represent the number of the file currently being processed and the total number of input files given on the command-line, respectively.
- Fixed the selection of the hash algorithm set by option
- Improved the computation of glyph heights and depths.
- The SVG optimizer now also simplifies
transformattributes when collapsing group elements.
- Extended several paragraphs of the manual page with more detailed information on the corresponding topics.
- Updated the bundled xxHash library to version 0.8.1.
- Updated the bundled GoogleTest framework to version 1.11.0.
Ghostscript has introduced a completely rewritten implementation of its PDF interpreter, which is now implemented in C instead of PostScript. This has a lot of advantages besides the performance improvements. For third-party applications like dvisvgm, however, this change has significant impact on the functions that can be provided. dvisvgm relies on the possibility to overwrite PostScript and PDF operators in order to directly communicate with the interpreter. The nice thing about the current PostScript-based PDF interpreter is the fact that both PostScript and PDF code can be treated almost equally.
As of Ghostscript 9.56.0, this will no longer be possible, and as far as I can tell from the documentation, there is no way to replicate the current functionality. As a consequence, all PDF functionality currently available in dvisvgm will no longer work with the upcoming Ghostscript releases. Therefore, it will require the parallel installation of Ghostscript 9.55.0 or earlier. In the long run, I’ll probably have to drop PDF support since I don’t have the resources to implement a completely new PDF handler.
- Added transparency support for SVG elements created outside the PS handler (issue #148).
- Fixed a spacing issue caused by unexpected newline characters in SVG output.
- Fixed PostScript errors occurred when defining (yet unsupported) shading patterns.
- Fixed a bug that prevented proper coloring of PostScript tiling patterns (issue #158).
- Fixed graphics displacements that occurred if the PDF MediBox is not located at the origin.
- Fixed the handling of root directories of file paths.
- Improved the handling of drive letters (Windows only).
- Several code refactorings and improvements.
This is a small maintenance release.
- Fixed possible ambiguities of GID to charcode mappings (issue #147).
- Refactored the representation of token objects in class
- Few minor code and test improvements.